Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mother Killed by Car Driven by Daughter

Summary of Article:

Police in Surrey, British Columbia are investigating the death of a mother who was killed by her own daughter in a fatal car accident in the driveway of their home.  The 36-year old daughter was returning home in a vehicle and was attempting to park in the garage when the mother was then struck, RCMP Cpl. Drew Grainger said.  "As the vehicle negotiated into the garage, for whatever reason, the vehicle accelerated uncontrollably, striking the driver's mother, who was in the garage, " Granger said.  "She sustained devasting injuries".  The women, who was only 52, was transported to a hospital where she then died.  This terrible incident occured at about 1 p.m PT at a townhome complex in the 12700 block of the 64th Avenue.  Grainger said investigators do not suspect foul play.

My Opinion of Article:

I believe this is a terible incident and is something no daughter or human should have to bear.  Killing someone by accident is always tragic and especially tragic if it is a family member or your own mother.  I have so much sympathy for the daughter and hope she can recover from this horrible incident.  I also give my respects to the mother that had died that day as she was so young at the age of 52.  I know if I had accidently murdered a family member or anyone at all, I would be devasted for life and could not forgive myself.  However, I hope the daughter can and realize accidents happen even horrible ones.  I think she will be more cautious in the future when going into a driveway and never forget this tragic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment